We asked several students to reflect on their experiences, adventures and challenges in the new world of swing dancingRead More
Dear 1929 Studios & Community Night,
Thank you for your generous donation to the ASRC Foodbank. Our Foodbank ensures asylum seeker families without work rights or income support are still able to access groceries. We wouldn't be able to provide that service without donations like yours.
At this stage we are seeing around 520 asylum seekers through the Foodbank each week and have found that 1/3 of these are relying on us as their sole source of food. This is a staggering amount, but highlights the responsibility we have to our clients to ensure that enough healthy and safe food is in consistent supply until more humane immigration policies are realised by our Government.
And don't forget to like our ASRC Food Network page on Facebook to keep up-to-date with all the ASRC's Foodbank activities and requirements.
Many thanks and kind regards,
Chony and the Foodbank Team
Special THANK YOU's go to:
- The Jazzabels, Harmony, Beth & Hayley for putting together the Frock Shop and being so awesome and helpful.
- All the bakers that provided delicious treats for the Bake Sale and The Jitterbug Bake Club for organizing.
- Tanya Stephan & Joel Kohn for playing amazing tunes in the DJ Booth that kept our feet and hearts swinging.
- "Frocks on the Outside" for performing your beautiful routine for us and supporting the cause by wearing frocks.
- All the Solo Comp dancers and to the finalists: Bill, Abby and Angela. A very special mention to Angela for winning. Though like Joel said everyone was a winner since you three raised more than $170 alone.
- The judges, James, Reece and Margeaux, for jumping in and helping out.
- Kieran Yee for teaching a beautiful, rhythmic, chicken nuggety Solo class.
- A very special thank you goes to Angela Middlemiss. Angela is the one who puts the icing on the top of North Side Swing's cake. Not only is she our door person who is friendly and helpful with all our students, but she also takes such good care of Tina and Joel and makes sure that everyone has what they need. We don't know what we would do without you, Ang! You totally rock!
- Also Emilia Hall thanks Community Night for all of the leftover Frock Shop donations. Emilia took all of them to the Women's Liberation Halfway House, the first refuge in Melbourne.
- AND a gigantic THANK YOU to ALL OF YOU that came to support this event.
It's so amazing and inspiring to see the community come together for a good cause!