This is the time to bring that friend that has always wanted to try swing dancing!Read More
Because we want to give more social dancing options to our students... Now, every week there will be half an hour of dancing either side of our classes. In favor of social dancing, the Solo class will take a break for now, stay tuned for more news!
6:00 - 6:25pm Free Beginner Taster Class
6:30 - 7:30pm Beginner Swing Block
7:30 - 8:00pm Free Time to Social Dance
8:00 - 9:00pm Intermediate Swing
9:00 - 9:30pm Free Time to Social Dance
You can still sign up for our Beginner Swing Block, click HERE for more information!
We have a new special treat for our newbie friends out there! The Beginner's Block in a Day aims to support our Beginner Swing Block at Smith Street Swing in several ways:
- The same rhythm of the SSS block will be taught on the last Saturday of every month, in 1929's very own STUDIO.
- Did you take a block at Smith Street Swing but want to practice heaps with the teachers present in a small class to really "get it"? Here's your chance!
- Are you a total Newbie and want to give dancing a go, but find group classes overwhelming or intimidating? This class will move quickly, but it's small, so you will get special attention from the teachers!
- Love the idea of meeting new people, but find bigger group classes harder to get a word in? The size of these classes mean that you can rotate to the same people a few times in class...make connections!
- Are you learning in private lessons but now feel ready to dance with some new people in a small setting...this is it!
- Have background dance experience that makes beginner classes seem to move too slow? Small class - lots of material - one on one attention from your teachers makes this the place to go!
- Unavailable Tuesday nights? - Think LAST SATURDAYS!
UPCOMING IMPORTANT DATES-
TONIGHT! Last week of the Lindy Hop Block!
NEXT WEEK: CLOSED FOR CUP DAY
12 NOV: South Melbourne Swing Opens (Sign up for the Beginner Swing Block HERE)
13 NOV: PARTY!! (Sign up for the Charleston Block HERE)
6:30-7:30pm Learning to Charleston Block Begins with Lexi and Joel!
7:45-8:30pm Drop-in Beg/Int Class- It's SHIM SHAM time with Ramona Staffeld!
8:30-11:30pm LIVE MUSIC, AWESOME DJS, and PERFORMANCES from 1929 teachers, students and friends. :)
SPECIAL PARTY PRICES:
SHIM SHAM CLASS: $7
LIVE MUSIC AND PARTY: $13
Birthday Bash Facebook page
Very exciting news! We will open another night ofclasses at a BEAUTIFUL new dance studio very close to the CBD starting November 2012.
BEGINNER SWING DANCING with Lexi & Michael - No Partner Required
NOV 12, 19, 26, DEC 3, 10
****Special offer for existing Beginner and Intermediate Dancers from Smith Street Swing! Bring a partner to our first block and dance for free! Eligible for Lead/Follow partnerships registering for the full block only. Use the discount code : bees-kneez and flick us an email with your dance partner's name!
ADVANCED LINDY HOPPERS BLOCK with Ramona and Special Guests - Partner Required
YOU CAN DANCE STUDIO * 130 Gladstone Street * South Melbourne
109 Tram to Montague Street - 10 minutes from CBD
Ample Parking Available
And by popular demand...we bring you....
For Dancers Only with Ramona Staffeld - Introduction to Solo Jazz on Mondays in May!
Come learn to dance the Charleston in this four week beginner series. You will learn the lead/follow skills necessary to dance with a partner to the most fun an upbeat setting to SWING MUSIC! No need to bring a partner as we rotate through the class. Get your exercise, socialize and get your kicks in with us at 1929 Studios' Smith Street Swing!
Tuesday nights 6:30-7:30pm at the Copacabana only $40 for four weeks!!
For more info and to reserve your spot now visit: Vintage Partner Dance Series.
Can't comit to four weeks in a row? Don't worry! Our 7:30pm Drop-in Beginner Swing lesson is made for you!