What BETTER gift can you give your loved ones than the GIFT OF DANCE?Read More
Due to Cup Day, Tuesday November 4th, Smith Street Swing! will be closed - classes will resume the following week on 11th of November.
New Beginners Block will take place Nov 11, 18, 25 Dec 2. Register HERE.
Plus, we are announcing our End of the Year Party @ the Provincial Hotel
Tuesday December 2nd
with Live Music brought to you by Leigh Barker and Co. Put it in your calendar, more details to follow!
Hop Step Swing is the fun new opportunity for teens to learn to swing dance!
Students will learn the basics of swing dancing in a fun routine with a performance opportunity at the end! Class size will be limited to a small group of students to offer the best learning environment.
Hop Step Swing! - REGISTER
5 week block in Term 4
Saturdays 3:30-5:00pm * $125
Oct 11, 18, 25, (NO CLASS CUP DAY WEEKEND) Nov 8, 15
Performance date TBA
1929 Studios * 1/281 Smith Street Collingwood (enter via Greeves Street)
FREE OPEN DAY - REGISTER YOUR INTEREST
20th September - Meet & Greet Day!
3:30-5:00pm * 1929 Studios
* Lesson from 3:45-4:15pm * Social from 4:15-5:00pm
- Meet the teacher/s and 1929 studios staff.
- Free 30 minute dance lesson for parents and teens with social dance time after.
- See what swing dancing is all about with a dance demo with Tim & Vanessa
- Register for the course after class and receive a discount -- $120
- Nibbles Provided!
About your Teacher:
10+ yrs. experience working with youth
Working with Children Check
First Aid Certificate
Bachelor of Music
*Local teacher and Swing DJ, Tim Jones will join Vanessa one Saturday later in the block to help demonstrate.
We have a new special treat for our newbie friends out there! The Beginner's Block in a Day aims to support our Beginner Swing Block at Smith Street Swing in several ways:
- The same rhythm of the SSS block will be taught on the last Saturday of every month, in 1929's very own STUDIO.
- Did you take a block at Smith Street Swing but want to practice heaps with the teachers present in a small class to really "get it"? Here's your chance!
- Are you a total Newbie and want to give dancing a go, but find group classes overwhelming or intimidating? This class will move quickly, but it's small, so you will get special attention from the teachers!
- Love the idea of meeting new people, but find bigger group classes harder to get a word in? The size of these classes mean that you can rotate to the same people a few times in class...make connections!
- Are you learning in private lessons but now feel ready to dance with some new people in a small setting...this is it!
- Have background dance experience that makes beginner classes seem to move too slow? Small class - lots of material - one on one attention from your teachers makes this the place to go!
- Unavailable Tuesday nights? - Think LAST SATURDAYS!
The schedule for Swing Out with Ramona and Kieran is 2pm to 5pm as per our website and Facebook. The time posted in the last 2 weeks 1929 Haps email indicated an end time of 4pm which is incorrect.
There is still space for partnered registrations or if any lead puts themselves on the waitlist, we can pair you up with a follow!
Have fun and Swing (TF) Out!