Learn to dance Collegiate Shag!
The Collegiate Shag was a popular dance during the Lindy Hop era. Danced to Swing style Jazz music, its high energy and high speed footwork make it super fun to dance and a great skill for the social floor.
- Runs on the Second Sunday of every month
- 4:30-5:00PM - Warm-up and social dance time
- 5:00-6:00PM - Beginner/Intermediate
- 6:00-7:00PM - Intermediate/Advanced
- Preregistration is essential
- Classes line up with FREE LIVE MUSIC* by the Furbelows atGrumpy's Green (125 Smith Street) On every SECOND & FOURTH SUNDAY 7:30-9:30pm
- One Class = $15 or Two for $25
- Online registration only closes if the class is full. If you want to rock up same day, pay online from your smartphone to ensure there is space in the class and get shaggin'!
*Please tip the band and support the bar to support live music!
Optional practice session hosted by Nial & Annabelle every FOURTH Sunday of the month held at 1929 Studios. Cost = studio hire divided up by number of attendees paid directly to the host on the day.
MONTHLY PRACTICE SESH
FOURTH SUNDAY OF EVERY MONTH 6-7PM
22 November CANCELED
SECOND SUNDAYS OF EVERY MONTH 5-7PM*
*30 minutes warm-up time now added to the schedule from 4:30-5:00pm!