TERM 1 - 2015
DATES & TIMES
- Saturdays 3:30-5:00pm
- February 7, 14, 21, 28; * March 14
- * NO CLASS - 7 March for Labour Day
- Runs in 5 week blocks each school term.
- Performance time/day/location will vary each term based on student availability.
- Preregistration & parent's digital signature required
- No partner necessary
- Suitable for all levels: Newbie, Beginner, Beginner Plus, Intermediate
- Working with Children Check
- Certified in First Aid
- 10+ years experience teaching music and dance to young people
- $125 per student
- $200 for two students from same household
Offer to new students - Try before you buy! Come to the first class to see if you like it. If you do, pay for the block!
CONTACT US if you need the discount code for two kids from same household.
We still need parental consent to have you in the free day, so sign up here!
Teen Swing Dancing is HERE!!
Hop Step Swing is the fun new opportunity for teens to learn to swing dance! Swing dancing is a highly spirited folkdance that came out of the jazz era of the 1920s-40s in New York City. Nearly 100 years later, Swing dance is alive and well amongst people across the globe and in Melbourne -- who wished they had learned when they were teenagers!
Students will learn the basics of swing dancing in a fun routine with a performance opportunity at the end! Class size will be limited to a small group of students to offer the best learning environment.
Location -- 1929's very own studio and slice of history -- the old Moran & Cato building on Smith Street.
Dancing is a fun way to...
- develop physical coordination
- meet new people
- develop rhythm and musicality
- learn about jazz history
- practice creative expression
- build confidence.
Round out your secondary education with learning how to partner dance! It's a skill that lasts a lifetime and gives access to another way to communicate with people in this big wide world.
Feb 7, 14, 21, 28
March *, 14
* NO CLASS ON 7 March for Labour Day Weekend
May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
Aug 1, 8, 15, 22
October 10, 17, 24, *
Nov 7, 14
* NO CLASS ON 31 Oct for Cup Day Weekend