TERM 2 - 2015
DATES & TIMES
- Saturdays 3:30-5:00pm
- May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
- Runs in 5 week blocks each school term.
- Performance or Party time/day/location will vary each term based on student availability.
- Preregistration & parent's digital signature required
- No partner necessary
- Suitable for all levels: Newbie, Beginner, Beginner Plus, Intermediate
- $125 per student
- $200 for two students from same household
Offer to new students - Try before you buy! Come to the first class to see if you like it. If you do, pay for the block!
1/281 Smith Street, Collingwood (Above Nandos - Enter via Greeves St)
-- 1929's very own studio and slice of history -- the old Moran & Cato building on Smith Street.
- Working with Children Check
- Certified in First Aid
- 10+ years experience teaching music and dance to young people
Dancing is a fun way to...
- develop physical coordination
- meet new people
- develop rhythm and musicality
- learn about jazz history
- practice creative expression
- build confidence.
May 2, 9, 16, 23, 30
July 25 -- Aug 1, 8, 15, 22
October 10, 17, 24 * -- Nov 7, 14
* NO CLASS ON 31 Oct for Cup Day
Dancing for Teens ONLY!
Hop Step Swing is the fun new opportunity for teens to learn to swing dance! Swing dancing is a highly spirited folkdance that came out of the jazz era of the 1920s-40s in New York City. Nearly 100 years later, Swing dance is alive and well amongst people across the globe and in Melbourne -- who wished they had learned when they were teenagers!
Students will learn the basics of swing dancing in a fun routine with a performance opportunity at the end! Class size will be limited to a small group of students to offer the best learning environment.
Round out your secondary education with learning how to partner dance! It's a skill that lasts a lifetime and gives access to another way to communicate with people in this big wide world.