Round up of a few highlights at ILHC 2017!Read More
Dear 1929 Studios & Community Night,
Thank you for your generous donation to the ASRC Foodbank. Our Foodbank ensures asylum seeker families without work rights or income support are still able to access groceries. We wouldn't be able to provide that service without donations like yours.
At this stage we are seeing around 520 asylum seekers through the Foodbank each week and have found that 1/3 of these are relying on us as their sole source of food. This is a staggering amount, but highlights the responsibility we have to our clients to ensure that enough healthy and safe food is in consistent supply until more humane immigration policies are realised by our Government.
And don't forget to like our ASRC Food Network page on Facebook to keep up-to-date with all the ASRC's Foodbank activities and requirements.
Many thanks and kind regards,
Chony and the Foodbank Team
Special THANK YOU's go to:
- The Jazzabels, Harmony, Beth & Hayley for putting together the Frock Shop and being so awesome and helpful.
- All the bakers that provided delicious treats for the Bake Sale and The Jitterbug Bake Club for organizing.
- Tanya Stephan & Joel Kohn for playing amazing tunes in the DJ Booth that kept our feet and hearts swinging.
- "Frocks on the Outside" for performing your beautiful routine for us and supporting the cause by wearing frocks.
- All the Solo Comp dancers and to the finalists: Bill, Abby and Angela. A very special mention to Angela for winning. Though like Joel said everyone was a winner since you three raised more than $170 alone.
- The judges, James, Reece and Margeaux, for jumping in and helping out.
- Kieran Yee for teaching a beautiful, rhythmic, chicken nuggety Solo class.
- A very special thank you goes to Angela Middlemiss. Angela is the one who puts the icing on the top of North Side Swing's cake. Not only is she our door person who is friendly and helpful with all our students, but she also takes such good care of Tina and Joel and makes sure that everyone has what they need. We don't know what we would do without you, Ang! You totally rock!
- Also Emilia Hall thanks Community Night for all of the leftover Frock Shop donations. Emilia took all of them to the Women's Liberation Halfway House, the first refuge in Melbourne.
- AND a gigantic THANK YOU to ALL OF YOU that came to support this event.
It's so amazing and inspiring to see the community come together for a good cause!
This week, three great opportunities to join the world of dancing in three unique ways!
Only 4 spots left!
Don't miss the chance to learn some Lindy Hop with Ramona Staffeld and our new addition to the team, Andrew Hsi.
Swing Dancing for Teens!
Term 4 of Hop Step Swing is starting this coming Saturday Oct 10th
More information and Deets!
Because we want to give more social dancing options to our students... Now, every week there will be half an hour of dancing either side of our classes. In favor of social dancing, the Solo class will take a break for now, stay tuned for more news!
6:00 - 6:25pm Free Beginner Taster Class
6:30 - 7:30pm Beginner Swing Block
7:30 - 8:00pm Free Time to Social Dance
8:00 - 9:00pm Intermediate Swing
9:00 - 9:30pm Free Time to Social Dance
You can still sign up for our Beginner Swing Block, click HERE for more information!
Don't miss this very special opportunity to learn what's in the minds and feet of these phenomenal jazz-hearted dancers.
Three hours of dancing, learning, inspiration and fun!
This is what Mark, your featured teacher in this edition, has to say about what inspired he and Kathryn to design this workshop --->
This LINDY CLINIC hosted by Ramona Staffeld will give you tips and tools to improve your Lindy Hop on the spot!
Remember that time you took class with Ramona and she said that thing that inspired your Lindy Hop for the next year?? That moment when it all just...clicked?? Yeah, THAT'S THE GOOD STUFF!
This POP UP format intends to make the most of this WORLD CLASS dancer and teacher living right here in Melbs. The life of an international travelling teacher doesn't give her the option to run a regular venue, so come forth and SWING OUT while the Swingin's goooood!
What's THE HAPS Shag Pile??
Second Sunday Workshops AND Fourth Sunday Practice Sessions!
Ready to get those feet shagging again? We sure are!
Nial & Annabelle are super excited to continue sharing Collegiate Shag with the swing dance community starting with the next Second Sunday -- Sunday, 8th March!
What's new this year?
- New CLASS level added on SECOND SUNDAYS!
- New TIMES to line up with FREE LIVE MUSIC @ Grumpy's Green (see below)
- 1 Hour PRACTICE SESH on every FOURTH SUNDAY of the month